Wednesday, January 31, 2007

(5) You Think My Day Is A Breeze?

Blogger: Pauline
Blog: http://GlimpsesIntangible.blogspot.com

People know me as Harry. I do not recall how that became my surname, but it has been for over a thousand years. Some people do not know me at all; they are unable to see me; so to them I do not exist.

I am the air that filters through, over and around your dashboard when you drive along the highway. You regulate the temperature for heat or warmth yet, it is me “Harry” that provides the comfort you experience. I am the gentle flow of warm air from your dashboard display; and I am the cool comfort that allows you respite from the heat of day. You call me air conditioning, yet what is that without me “Harry.” I am the air you breathe, the air you both warm and cool for comfort.

Today I am still, quiet, unnoticed, unthought-of, yet I fill your every inhalation! Sometimes, just for fun I cause a tickle in your throat. You still do not know it is me but I enjoy this foolish game I play of hide and seek.

Here we are it is early morning, the first work day of your week. I wait patiently while you enter the car juggling your Starbucks coffee cup with keys and changing my odorless freshness with your morning coffee beans. It will pass, I tell myself, be patient. Soon only my sweet stillness will remain hovering about the dashboard, filling your personal space with “Harry”, the unseen yet essential element for life.

Like a secret lover I quietly remain invisible longing for you to reach out, pick up your cell phone and call to me. Here I am, just look! See me with your eyes closed. Taste the sweetness of my purity, my newness, my everlasting purpose of sustaining life.

Do you think my day is a breeze?

Often it is months passing before you take notice of me. On several occasions, during what you name a year, I gather with extended family. Oh yes! When the breezes gather, then you know the strength of “Harry.” The power of family bonds is witnessed among the gathering clouds and the leaves that toss from side to side. Sadly some of my family members get a bit carried away while gathering. We can create quite a storm.

Modern man has decided to re-name these events from a computerized list. All winds are generated from “Harry”. With foolish pride your people give false names from a pre-determined list. Oh, I do feel abandoned at these times. Somehow in my best moments I feel amused. You do not see me, ‘Harry” but you make a list of names for the family gatherings of Harry. These you call strong winds or hurricanes.
If you would only take some time to experience me. I am here with you at all times, twenty-four seven, from your first breath until your last.

My, my I have gotten stirred up this morning. It must be that you have decided to enjoy the sunshine, opening all the car windows and the sunroof, has really caused me to be tossed around.

I apologize; my movement has tousled your hair and swept business papers off the passenger seat and now onto the floor.

Didn’t I say today I was still, quiet, unnoticed, unthought-of? Hum, we had better check the dashboard speedometer. Yes it is rather intense. Are we in a hurry to take that last breath?
Surely there is something for me to do that will enable you to sense my presence. Give me a moment.

There it is Limestone Hill, my birthplace. Pull over here. This is the answer to my questioning, here you will learn of my beginning.

You will feel the sweet, light, delectable air that is my home. You will be kissed on each cheek by my gentle touch. You will yearn to remain here upon Limestone Hill. Here you will see the world as it is small and unimportant. You will breath deeply of “Harry.”

The city smog is now off in the distance and it is visible to you. Suddenly you become aware, not of Harry but of something pure, crisp, a yearning to inhale grasps you. With eyes closed, a smile upon your lips, hands placed instinctively in prayer.

You and I are one. This is extraordinary. The sheer breath is exhilarating. Like a four course dinner you are satisfied beyond your need. This is the moment I wished to share with you. Words cannot describe the fullness of joy, the simplicity of life. Harry is still unknown to you by name but you have felt my presence.

Refreshed, renewed, strengthened from within you reluctantly walk back toward the car, pausing only for one last glance at Limestone Hill.

While driving back to the work world of humankind now less hurried, you hear yourself laugh aloud. I will tell them it was a flat tire that made me late today. How could I explain the kiss of the breeze? They would think me insane.

Slowly, you close all the windows, leaving only the sunroof open. The sun shines upon you and gentle “Harry” circulates about your personal space. You are calm, energized within, making promises to yourself that you must return to visit Limestone Hill in the near future. You desire to feel its mystical breeze, its sweetness, its serenity.

I am quiet and calm knowing all too well you will forget the power of Harry’s home for you must remain removed, confused of such simplicities unseen as air and gentle breeze.

I know someday in human year time you will yearn again to breathe deeply the gift from” Harry” once again upon Limestone Hill.

I can wait. I will wait and we can return again to the secret treasure of pure air, the gift of home, the gift of life. Until that day I will be as close to you as you permit. I will be there always. You only need to call and I will answer.

Written by Pauline December 4, 2006
Glimpses Intangible.blogspot.com

No comments: